Thursday, October 2, 2014

In a Fog?


 I have been in a fog lately.  How about you?   There is so much activity, so many decisions, so many demands on my life that a thick fog has formed, diminishing my vision.  This realization came to me as I was walking on the treadmill yesterday morning.  As I was walking and praying I noticed that the window in front of me was so fogged up that it was hard to see the outside playground which the fitness center overlooks.  But the longer I walked on the treadmill, the warmer I got and the warmer I got the warmer the room became.  My eyes were drawn to a single water droplet inching its way down the window causing the fog to part and a thin streak of light appeared,  revealing a little more clearly what the fog had covered from my view. The longer I walked on the treadmill, the more streaks formed giving me a clearer vision of what was outside the window.

The activities of my life have kept me in a virtual fog. A fog so thick I cannot see what is before me.  I have allowed these things to zap my physical discipline, increase my anxiety, clutter my mind and dull my spiritual insight.  I have taken on too much in my life and now the Lord is calling me to say no to some activities and yes to more time to warm up in His presence.  I know from experience that time in His presence will lift the fog and bring clarity once again to my life, allowing me to focus only on those things to which He is calling me.

“So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD.  His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain; like the spring rain watering the earth.”  Hosea 6:3

The words of Hosea 6:3 came to life as I walked on the treadmill observing the foggy window. I was reminded once again of the true pursuit of life:  Jesus! If I press on in my pursuit of the Lord there is a guaranteed result. I am not talking about the latest life-changing weight-loss plan where infomercials offer money back guarantees if you are not satisfied with the results. I am referring to what the Lord’s fog-lifting plan promises in Hosea 6:3. 

We’re ready to study God, eager for God-knowledge.  As sure as dawn breaks, so sure is his daily arrival.  He comes as rain comes, as spring rain refreshing the ground.”  Hosea 6:3 (MSG)

If I press on with the single focus of knowing the Lord, He promises to faithfully go forth in His pursuit of me.   Then, when He comes to me, He will bring refreshment like a spring rain brings new life to the trees.  This guarantee is as certain as the sun rising in the morning!

If you find yourself in a fog today, spend some time getting to know the Lord.  Open up His life-giving Word and seek to know who this Jesus really is.  I guarantee that if you press on in this pursuit, the Lord will show up in amazing ways, bringing you refreshment and clarity for whatever lies ahead.


Let us press on,
Nancy


1 comment:

  1. I'm finding myself in the exact same spot right now...too many activities and not enough stillness in His presence. Thanks for the encouraging reminder, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete