Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble


Have you ever had one of those weeks where it seems like trouble is around every corner?  As I reflect on one of those weeks, I am reminded of a secular song that personifies Trouble as a woman:

Trouble...
Oh, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble
Feels like every time I get back on my feet
she come around and knock me down again.

My daughter recently had a month of trouble in which her car was wrecked twice and her cell phone stolen twice.  She is normally very easy going and happy-go-lucky, but after that month of trouble she was knocked down and emotionally fragile.  Trouble is no respecter of people, no matter their temperament.  So, is there a way to battle trouble?  Or do you just let her come in and “ruin” your day, week or even your month?  The answer is to not retreat, put your tail between your legs and flee.  No, take courage and trust!  Don’t let Trouble knock you down again!

I have been memorizing Psalm 138 over the past few weeks and it has encouraged me in this week where Trouble has been trying to knock me down:

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies and Your right hand will save me.  The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness O LORD, is everlasting; do not forsake the works of Your hands.”  Psalm 138:7-8    

Trouble comes in many forms.  Trouble can be a car accident, a disagreeable person, a lost phone, or a lost job.  It seems we are always walking in the midst of trouble, in fact Jesus assured us we would have trouble when he said, “In this world you will have trouble, but take heart (courage), I have overcome the world.”  (John 16:33)  Along with his assurance of trouble, he also assured us of His victory over it.  With one of His hands he swats Trouble and with the other He saves us.  In fact in the Psalms he also says he will save us out of all our troubles. (Psalm 34:6) He did not say he would save us from the trouble, but when we are in the trouble, He is right there to walk us out of it! 

My daughter’s car repairs were covered by the insurance of the person who ran into her, a friend referred her to a chiropractor that helped with her back pain, and she now has a new phone.  In the midst of the trouble, she was knocked down, but she got back up as the Lord provided her with all she needed.  He walked her out of the company of Trouble and into His compassion, mercy and love.  He overcame Trouble! 

I am trusting in Jesus to overcome Trouble, who tried to knock me down this week.  Trouble is a failure, but Jesus is my victorious Savior!  On my way up with scripture memory cards in one hand, the Word working its way into my heart, and His loving hand leading me on.  Won’t you trust Him, too?

Trusting,
Nancy  


No comments:

Post a Comment