Monday, May 14, 2007

Walking in Truth

3 John 2-4 has been my prayer for my children for many years. " I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health just as your soul prospers. I was very glad when brethren came and bore witness to your truth. That is, how you were walking in truth. I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth." Last night, as I laid my head on my pillow, I began to reflect on my Mother's Day. I must say it was the very best Mother's Day I think I have ever had! I didn't receive any flowers, which I love and no gift card for the LOFT. No breakfast in bed and no corsage to wear to church. These are all fine and I would love each one, but my children gave me the best gifts ever- their lives!

I began praying scripture for my children some 10 years ago and I will never get over how God answers! I have especially prayed that they would love the Lord with all their heart, soul and might (Deuteronomy 6:5) and that they would fully understand God's love. (Ephesians 3:16-19) Both of my children are in college and both chose to come to church with me and to give me the gift of their words. Their words truly matched up with their actions. My son wrote me a Mother's Day letter and some of the things he wrote stay with me for a long time. He said, "I have seen the effect of memorizing Scripture in your life, and it encourages and blesses me so much . . . I can honestly say that I want to become more like you as I grow older." I share this not to boast in my parenting - far from that- but to boast in God and His Word - truth! The wonderful words of my children motivate me all the more to hide God’s Word in my heart and fuel my passion to teach others how to experience this transforming journey of delighting in God's Word.

Keep Feasting on the Word,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment