Sunday, May 20, 2007

Forever in My Heart

"All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever." 1 Peter 1:24-25

I turned 50 this year. That means I have lived a half-century, 5 decades on this earth! I often wake in the night and the question is running through my mind: "How has my life made a difference?" Has my life counted? I find myself on the verge of depression. Then the Lord reminds me that it is not all about me. When I become impressed with my lot in life depression sets in. I have discovered, however, that when I become impressed with who God is, the depression melts away.

I woke up this morning at 3:00 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I woke to the thought - Nancy, you are just like withering grass and dried flowers. This body I am living in is fading, but God's word that has taken root in my heart will stand forever. In fact Peter says it is "living and enduring." The Word inplanted in my heart will go on forever long after this body of mine is laid in the ground. I hold forever in my heart! This thought fuels my passion for God's word. I could never afford a face lift - which eventually falls! Instead, I am opting for a permanent "heart lift" by seeking to fill it with the living and enduring word of God. Amen!
Feasting on the Word!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment