Thursday, November 13, 2014

Letting My Words be Few


“For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few.” Ecclesiastes 5:2b

I began writing my post yesterday only to delete all that I had written a few hours later.  I was struggling with what to say and then it occurred to me that my words usually fail to clearly explain what it is that God is doing in my life.  This morning I awoke with a little anxiety knowing that I was already a day late in submitting my weekly post.  What was I to write?  Then the Lord reminded me of something that Isaiah, Moses and Peter knew.  It is something I know as well: 
  •  “The Word of the Lord stands forever.”  (Isaiah 40:6-8; 1 Peter 1:25)
  •  “Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law.  They are not just idle words for you-they are your life.  By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.”  (Deuteronomy 32:47) 
Last night I had the joy and honor to listen to women tell the stories God had written in their lives, stories of His grace, love, protection, presence and peace.  Now, I am compelled to tell my story for His glory.  But, I am not going to use my idle words to tell the story of God working in my life.  I am going to simply let my words be few and share my story using His Words.  May these life-giving, life-transforming words connect you to God, His truth, and His hope.

“Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell of what He has done for my soul.”  (Psalm 66:16)  “It was good for me to be afflicted, so that I might learn your decrees.”  (Psalm 119:71)  “I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord, be strong and take courage.  Yes, wait for the Lord.”  (Psalm 27:13-14)  “Your words were found and I ate them, and Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.”  (Jeremiah 15:16)  “Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.”  (Psalm 119:11)  “But as for me it is good to be near God.  I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge.  I will tell of all Your deeds.”  (Psalm 73:28) “But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.  He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.”  (Psalm 1:2-3)  “I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. I hold fast to your statues, O Lord; do not let me be put to shame.  I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.”  (Psalm 119:30-32)  “Test me O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.” (Psalm 26:2-3) “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.”  (Acts 20:24)  “Therefore, I glory in Christ Jesus, in my service to God.  I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done.”  (Romans 15:17-18)  “Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, to all generations forever and ever. Amen”  (Ephesians 3:20-21)   “I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.”  (3 John 4)

May God remind you of His forever truth.  May His words nourish your soul and bring great joy and delight as you trust in the One who has the very words of life.  Let Him use His Word to write His story on your heart and in every moment of your life.  These words will prolong your life – into eternity!

His Word is the Last Word!
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment