Tuesday, March 1, 2016

His Word for The Table

Years ago as I sat outside on my patio with my basket of scripture memory cards I asked the Lord, "What shall I do with all these Words that have taken root in my heart and life?"  He led me to John 13 where Jesus washes His disciples feet while dinner is being served. The chapter begins with this statement, "Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love." He then gets up from the meal and becomes their servant by washing their feet. He then instructed them to do as He had done - to wash one anothers feet.  This was the answer to my question.  I was called that day to serve others by washing over them with the Word.  Jesus was the Word in the flesh, who showed the full extent of his love by washing the disciples feet.  My call is to show the full extent of God's love by washing over people with the Word, in its purest, simplest form, by reciting it,  allowing the Holy Spirit to administer the healing balm of truth to the listener's heart, soul, spirit and body.  

This week I was asked to serve the women attending The Table, a worship gathering for women at Houston's First Baptist Church, by washing over them with the Word.  So, if you were unable to attend or if you attended and want to know the scripture references that I shared, they are listed below.  May they even now minister to the deep, dark, broken, and dry places of your heart.  Take time to read each verse in your own Bible, asking the Lord to wash over you with the full extent of His love. 

Psalm 27:13-14
Psalm 66:16
Psalm 63:1
Revelations 3:20
Jeremiah 15:16
John 6:35
John 7:37-38
Isaiah 55
1 Peter 1:23-25
Ephesians 3:20-21

These are not just idle words for you, they are your life! (Deuteronomy 32:47) 
Feasting on His Word,
Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment