Sunday, March 29, 2009

Where is Your Mind?

Lately my mind wants to dwell on the dark side. It seems when I first open my eyes in the morning I am tempted to let my thoughts dwell on all the worst case scenarios that my life could take. You know the the kind that takes you to a future with poor health, no money, no family, no hope. Why does my mind want to go there? Why is fear and hopelessness even attractive to this sanctified mind? Is the world's mind set beginning to infiltrate mine? The world is going crazy it seems with gloom and doom forecasting. It is chicken little all grown up, in living color on the wide-screen!
I am not one to look for a demon behind every bush, but this does have someones hand prints all over it! I must remind myself and anyone reading this, that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers and powers and spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. I must remember that the hope of glory dwells in me and that nothing can separate me from God's love. I am trying to grab hold of all the Truth hidden in my heart and hold it firmly. This Truth is the weapon that has divine power to demolish strongholds.
Where is your mind? My mind is now firmly focused on the truth that the God of hope will give me joy and peace as I trust in Him, so that I will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Lord is illuminating my dark mind with the light of His Word and I pray that this light spills over into your mind as well. Here is to a new morning filled with new mercies and with His unending love. My hope comes from Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment