Thursday, January 22, 2015

I’m Singing a New Song


He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; 
Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord.  
Psalm 40:3

Sing to the Lord a new song; sing the Lord all the earth.  Sing to the Lord, bless His name; proclaim good tiding of His salvation from day to day.  Psalm 96:1-2

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.  James 1:17

Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord.  Ephesians 5:19

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.  Colossians 3:16

These verses have been etched on my heart and their words are playing over and over in my mind a sweet melody of praise.  This week the Lord blessed me with the birth of my first grandchild, Isla Rose and placed on my heart and in my mouth a new song, a hymn of praise to God for His perfect gift.  In honor of her birth and her earthy father’s thirtieth birthday, I want to sing a new song.

Isla Rose Taylor
Born January 17, 2015
A Flower Devoted to God

Just seven days before your daddy’s thirtieth birthday you arrived bursting on the scene bringing great joy and promise for the future to your entire family.
Long prayed for, you came as we had believed, hoped and dreamed.

You were fearfully, wonderfully and beautifully created by your heavenly Daddy, whose love you will never be separated from. 
Isla and her Daddy
For your earthly daddy, who was also born seven days before his daddy’s thirtieth birthday, will show you the Father’s love as he holds you, cares for you, and sings over you with loving melodies. 

For your name, Isla, proclaims that you are set apart and devoted to God for a special purpose. 
As an island is surrounded by water and filled with fertile land, so you are surrounded by the Living Water and filled with the promise of a future lavished with love.

You are Rose, a beautiful blossoming flower, like the rose of Sharon, a lily among the thorns. 
Just one look at your face makes all the prickly things of life disappear!

Today, I sing a new song, a hymn of praise to our Heavenly Daddy for the double blessing of seeing the child of my son!
Precious Isla Rose, may I live my days to declare to you the incomparably great power of God and sing over you the love of our Heavenly Father.


“Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God till I declare you power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.”  
Psalm 71:18


Singing to Isla Rose,
Nancy
(Now known as Isla's Cycy) 

2 comments:

  1. God bless you precious Isla Rose. You are beautiful and truly a gift from God. Congratulations to you and your blessed family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Y'all are entering a magical wonderful phase of life - being a MiMi has become my new reality and I will have another one in August to love and cherish! Enjoy all the great moments to come!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete